Who doesn't love candy corn? I decided to do a bit of research on the candy, so that you didn't have to. You can thank me later.
- Candy corns were invented in 1880.
- They were originally handmade by men (not women) for 8 months out of the year.
- Sugar, corn syrup and honey continue to be the main ingredients.
- Three passes for each mold is how they get the tri-color.
- 35 million pounds of candy corn are sold each year. That is approximately 9 billion individual candy corns.
- Most people eat them in 3 bites - white is usually first.
- Candy corn is naturally fat free.
- One serving of candy corns is only 140 calories.
- Each candy corn has 3-1/2 calories.
- 26 pieces is one serving.
- We aren't going to talk about the sugar content.
- Or the carbs.
Better go getcha some quick. Only two days remain until National Candy Corn Day - October 30.