4.13.2008

Part 2: Palm Springs Photo Shoot

I am such a dumasse sometimes! I wrote this when I came home on Friday night from dinner, and thought I had posted it. Hmmm...the blog fairies must have removed it, or something. I'm sure it wasn't operator malfunction. In any case, here it is. Pretend as if I posted it on Friday night, so I can talk more about the rest of the weekend tomorrow. I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today!

Love, 
   Hayley


Friday night, April 11

Wow. We just made it back from the wine tasting and dinner. There are some amazing women here from California, Washington, Virginia: one gal just sent a mammogram machine to Liberia, another published her poems and photography and is an artist, another one started a free camp for kids whose parents have cancer (yes, free). Each one of us got to tell our story and each one of us ended up in tears, along with the rest of the room.

This is truly an amazing thing going on here, and I am SO proud to be part of it.

For all of you, please remember, you are buying lots of wine with my picture on it. I think I am going to be on a red. The owner has met us all and is trying to figure out who goes on which label. I did tell them I don’t drink and they were totally cool with it.

Tomorrow morning is off to the photo shoot.

Every single one of the people in the room tonight have made a difference in the world, and are continuing to do so. All of us joining forces could move mountains, and this could prove to be an amazing thing for the cancer community, and the world in general.

Remember, you can make a difference, no matter where you are in your life. Do something you have always wanted to do, don’t just dream about it.

1 comment:

Margerie said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful experience, especially after your stressful couple of weeks! You can and will move mountains girl!

I am starting to dream, getting my motor started. Life is here and now! In life you either idle, hit the brakes of rev it up and go.

Thanks for always putting a smile on my face and welcome home!

(I hope you get on the red!)