12.03.2012

"Oh come on! It will be fun!"


Today was good. 
Today was fun. 
Tomorrow is another one. 
~ Dr. Suess

We were sitting around the dining room table the other day and my friends agreed that I could get them to do anything with me. I just assume people want to do the same things: 
  • Why wouldn't you want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane in Moab, Utah? 
  • Why wouldn't you want to bungee jump high over Squaw Valley? 
  • Why wouldn't you want to zipline (in Mexico OR in Santa Margarita, CA)? 
  • Why wouldn’t you want to go to Europe next week (because the airfare is a screaming deal!) 
  • Why wouldn’t you want to go to Knott’s Scary Farm during October?
  • Why wouldn’t you want to go on a vampire tour in New Orleans? 
  • Why wouldn’t you want to race across Post Street in SF (and almost get killed) in time to see a matinee of The Graduate? 
It's the little things too, because those can be just as much (or more) fun: 
  • Why wouldn't you want to go to lunch and have a pedicure instead of having our scheduled business meeting? 
  • Why wouldn’t you want to ride the glass elevator in the St. Francis Hotel in SF, simply to see the view from the 32nd floor? 
  • Why wouldn’t you want to run back and forth across a swinging bridge? 
  • Why wouldn’t you want to stop the ice cream truck and buy a drumstick? 
  • Why wouldn't you want to write a song while on a roadtrip? 
  • Why wouldn't you want to take the curviest road to the destination, instead of the fastest one? 
Mike said that he always knows when his wife could get into trouble when I say, “Oh come on! It will be fun!” 

The bottom line is that I’m spontaneous. I was before cancer, and I am even more so after cancer! I always want to have fun, no matter what we are doing. And I prefer doing it with friends. 

If I say to you, “Oh come on! It will be fun!” Put a smile on your face. Keep your arms inside the ride until it comes to a complete stop. Afterwards, you can tell all your friends, “You won’t believe what Hayley made me do...It WAS fun.” 

I think that shall be my epitaph when the time comes. 

Live your life on your own terms. 


Be sure to visit our amazing website:
Empowering breast cancer survivors and their loved ones. 

No comments: