6.25.2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

My love affair with Michael Jackson started from my first Jackson 5 album, which was available on my favorite cereal (at the time): Alpha Bits. Who could resist the way the needle bounced up and down on the vinyl coated cardboard record, cut out with rounded tip scissors by my skilled 5 year old hands?


When I was at cheerleading camp (oh come on, that doesn't surprise you, does it?), the very first song I learned a dance routine to was Don't Stop Til You Get Enough. Let's see, that would have been 1981 or 1982. I am pretty sure I can still do the routine, be sure to ask me to demonstrate it for you next time you see me. I'd be happy to.



And who can forget Thriller's debut on MTV Halloween night? I know most people are watching the regular debut of Thriller today (just try to get on YouTube). If you still need a Thriller fix, click here to see what somebody recreated with Legos. It will blow your mind.



I really don't care what your opinion was of Michael. As you know, I appreciate my friends being weird and bizarre. The weirder the better, actually (don't take offense, be proud).

I will miss Michael Jackson. The world will be a bit less odd without him.

R.I.P. Michael.

1 comment:

Margerie said...

I just heard he died. And I just knew that you would have a blog post about him.